My slightly-creepy body double came in the mail earlier this week:
I’ve gotten pretty well used to her now, but I jumped the first few times I looked up!
I’ve been wanting an adjustable dress form for a while now – my homemade paper tape version is a bit too lopsided and lumpy for accurate fitting – and I finally settled on the Dritz Sew You.
After a prolonged battle with getting the torso onto the stand (pro tip – extend the stand up first), I was able to adjust the hip, waist, back length, and underbust measurements to match mine.
Because her whole chest area is plastic, you can’t adjust bust size without also increasing the underbust/ribcage. Instead, I padded out an old bra with some leftover fleece scraps and rice, and put that on her.
I finished up by putting a cami over the whole thing, to smooth all the gaps out and give a better pinnable surface. And of course there was a new project in the works a few minutes later! This is a former extra-large maxi dress in the process of being remade. I’m pleased with how it’s coming out so far.